What time is your class in July? See this color chart. Find your class/color. Same schedule as fall. Classes start week of July 6 through July 30, 2020.
Safety First! Click here to read about our safety measures and new entry/exit doors.
Modified Recital Location, TBD/ planning at Brodhead High School Auditorium, pending approval from the school board. August 1 and August 2 at assigned times (see chart)
2501 W 5th Avenue
Brodhead, WI 53520
All students will be assigned to a performance group. Each group will report at the same time, line up for stage performances, perform a rehearsal and recital version, and then exit after for professional photos.
Groups are clustered by night and by the time of the class. See the following chart to see your group assignment and recital date and time.
The day of your performance:
Arrive ready to go. A large room or hallway will be available for costume changes, but we recommend you wear your costume (with a cover-up to protect it) to the venue and have hair done and makeup on. Bring your dance shoes and a bag to carry your belongings. Also, bring a full water bottle.
Remember to arrive 15 minutes early to line up! The group before you will be in the high school stage/auditorium. Do not enter the auditorium until your group is called in. Please follow the signs and instructions of hosts. Once your performance group is complete, remember to exit quickly so the next group can come in.
Parents and guests ( #tbd) are welcome to attend the performance for the Group but must exit following the Group’s set of 3 performances (unless you have children in another group)
100 chairs will be set up front with additional standing room also be available. Please practice safe physical and social distancing in the school. Each group has a 30-minute timeslot.
- Hairstyle TBD by your instructor– Generally speaking: ballet is in a high or low bun and tap/jazz in a ponytail. Please ask your instructor if you are unsure.
- Tights are available for purchase at
the front desk(outdoor table). We will also have extra tights available for purchase at the recital, in the lobby.
- Shoes should be clean and free of scuff marks or holes. You can wipe down shoes with soap and water to freshen them up for the performance.
- Hairstyle visual – Top Knot vs Bun Click Here
Stage Make-up Instructions:
Dancers, even young ones, wear make-up on stage in order to make their faces and expressions visible to the audience. Make-up can emphasize facial features that would otherwise be washed out by stage lights.
Please see the handouts below for make-up colors and applications.
What time is your class in July? See this color chart. Find your class/color. Same schedule as fall. Classes start the week of July 6 through July 30, 2020.
Photography and Video Information:
- For 2020, Bri Larsen Photography will be on-site at high school to take individual photos.
- The performance will be officially recorded. DVD’s will include both the Orange and Blue performances. And for 2020 will be mailed free of charge to each family.
- Please remember that flash photography during our performances is prohibited. The flash of light can be dangerous for our dancers.
- If you want photos with Bri but are not able to participate in the show we can make photo arrangments. Please let us know.
Flowers & Gifts: Not in 2020 at the recital, but medals will be available at the studio to save for your special day. (purchase at outdoor sales table)
Flowers will be available for purchase in the front lobby during recital weekend. Additional gifts and small snacks will also be available. Treat your dancer(s) to a special surprise!