Our goal is to keep you safe and socially distanced as much as possible. This means we need your help with the entrance and exit process. We are going to maintain some of our COVID protocols until we see if a spike in cases resurges. Our children are not yet vaccinated so we must do what we can to limit interactions.
- Parents should drop off dancer(s) with bag with shoes, and dance supplies.
- Students will be NOT required to wear masks, (following Brodhead school protocols), but can if they prefer. (subject to change per CDC)
- Parents can come in briefly to drop off. But no waiting inside. No play area.
- Non-vaccinated parents or those with health concerns must mask up.
- Dance clothes should be on and hair pulled back.
- Use restroom before class starts
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your class starts
- Water will be available for dancers
- Students will enter the lobby area and line up – by standing on a spot 6ft apart.
- Attendance will be documented for contract tracing, if needed
- Students will be brought into classrooms and will bring their personal items with them into the classroom
One direction traffic flow to exit:
This exit process isolates groups by class and eliminates interactions between non-class members.
After class, students will EXIT from studio exits (B/C) or main entrance (A) OR be brought back to lobby to switch to their next class if they are in more than one.
Once colder weather starts we may change our arrangements and let parents inside to wait in a specified area.
- Parents are welcome to bring a lawn chair for outdoor seating to wait
- Please practice physical distancing, stay 6 feet apart outside or wait in your car
- Parents, if you need to come inside, you must wear a mask if not vaccinated.
- Staff will be outside exit doors to ensure their safety and return to parents. Please wait by the studio door exit for pick up (there are 3 exits on the south side)
- Bathrooms are available to all, please use the main entrance for bathroom access
Watch this video to see our safety features in action!
*New* Brodhead Dance Academy – COVID FAQs (July 2021)
What happens if a child in a class has a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Child must stay out of dance class for 10 days
- Parents will be notified that a child in the class was diagnosed and given instruction, if we get from county health dept. contact tracers
- Teacher and Children will monitor for symptoms
- Need to follow privacy and HIPPA guidelines for notifications, no names used.
- Teachers and students will resume using masks for several weeks
What happens if a family member who lives with a dancer has a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Child should remain out of class for 10 days
- Parents are notified to watch for symptoms
- Teacher and classmates will monitor for symptoms
What happens if a non-vaccinated teacher is directly exposed to a child or person with COVID-19? Note: If a vaccinated teacher is exposed they will monitor only.
- Teacher will self – isolate for 10 days and monitor for symptoms.
- Teacher will prep a substitute teacher and/or conduct the class virtually if able with in room assistance.
- Parents will be notified if children have been exposed to teacher or other source of exposure.
We will follow privacy and HIPPA guidelines for notifications, no names will be used
- If no teacher subs are available classes for that teacher will be cancelled
What happens if the Brodhead school cancels face- to-face instruction and goes virtual?
- Assuming there’s an outbreak at the school or community forcing this decision, we will consider a 2-week break.
- A teachers meeting will be called to discuss and make final decision.
- We may require masking and increase social distancing to maintain in-studio instruction
- If the state mandates closure, we will follow state mandate or other guidance for gym/dance schools. Having the schools conducting virtual only actually helps us by reducing exposure to kids in school, so we would continue with classes in our socially distanced format, but we will consider a two-week break.
What happens if multiple students and teachers are confirmed with COVID-19 or illness becomes widespread?
- We close the studio for a to be determined time period
- Staff meeting will be called to make a closure determination/consider all circumstances.