Special Announcement – March 13 2020
Hello Dance Families,
Due to widening concern surrounding COVID-19 and the cancellation of Wisconsin and Illinois schools the Brodhead Dance Academy will be closed through Sunday April 5 (or longer depending on the status of the school system).
Accordingly, we will delay picture night and we will inform you of a new date as soon as we have more information and clear direction from state officials.
The dance recital will very likely need to be postponed as well. However, we do not know for sure yet. I have been in contact with the high school and they have told us that we will be allowed to reschedule if school is closed still on our date.
- Teachers have recorded recital routines for at-home practice to keep our students prepared for the show and we will update you when those are ready to view in your Dance Studio Pro accounts, some videos are already loaded in. (Click on Class and look at left side bar for Files)
- We encourage all students to practice their routines at home as much as possible, all songs will be loaded into Dance Studio Pro files per class soon, if they are not already.
- All costumes are in and/or nearly done with alterations
- Our show music is ready and our kids are polishing their routines
- All classes completed learning routines in late February to give us ample time to memorize, practice, and polish for the recital
- Bri Larsen photography will adapt to our new schedule (once we know it)
- If the recital is held on a new date, all tickets will be valid for the new show dates, no refunds will be available
- Additional classes will be held to make up as many classes as reasonably possible, depending on the recital date.
We will utilize this email delivery method for future updates and we will also post new updates to our web page and Facebook.
For now the changes are:
- No classes through April 5
- Dance Picture night planned for the week of March 23 will be rescheduled
We will keep you informed of other changes as soon as we have more information to share. Our studio was deep cleaned and disinfected today as an added precaution.
At this time, we are still planning to hold our Special Spring Dance Classes for intro and introductory classes in May (register online)
The Summer schedule will be out soon, as will our Fall schedule. We will inform you when these classes are open for registration.
Please stay informed on this evolving health situation and do your level best to adhere to social distancing as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control. We want to keep all of our families safe and healthy!
Thank you for your understanding during these uncertain times and for your support of our small business.
I know the kids will be disappointed, but reassure them the “Show Will Go On!”
Ms. DeAnne and your teachers at the Brodhead Dance Academy
Brodhead Dance Academy www.brodheaddance.com has all the information you need!
Contact: DeAnne @ firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or text 608- 225-2472
Picture Week (New date to be announced) at the studio in full costume, hair, and make-up.
Arrive for your scheduled class start time, note we may run later than normal, so please plan for a longer time window than regular classes run. We will take group photos first, then individuals to allow for costume changes for dancers in multiple classes.
There is no practice, only pictures. If you cannot make your scheduled night, we can take individual photos on any night, just stop in and fill out your envelope as usual. But please let us know if you are not attending your regular night so we don’t wait for you. Bri Larsen Photography on site.
Blue Show– On Stage Practice – Thursday April 16 (5-8:30 p.m.)
Orange Show – On Stage Practice – Friday April 17 (5-8:30 p.m.)
Two different show line ups (orange or blue) will each performing twice over the course of the weekend. Please note the new show times below!
Orange Show will perform Saturday, April 18 at 10:30 a.m. and Sunday, April 19 at 4:30 p.m.
Blue Show will perform Saturday, April 18 at 4 p.m. and Sunday April 19, at 1:00 p.m.
Tickets are required for viewing recital performances. Dancers need a discounted dancer ticket to sit in the audience. See the Recital/Ticket Tab.
Check our website or Facebook page for notices when classes are cancelled. If you feel unsafe to travel then please stay home. Our teachers travel to Brodhead too, so safe driving conditions for our staff are also considered when deciding to cancel. Generally, if school is cancelled for snow (not cold) then we also cancel. Severe summer weather can also cancel summer classes. Please check Facebook for urgent updates.